Friday, September 24, 2010

Life Gripe: Crap TV!

The weekend gets here and you would think you could find tons of great movies on.  Sit down, watch a great movie on Friday night because it's the weekend and you don't have to work the next day, you have no school or whatever the case may be, but nevertheless, it's a time when you would like to watch a movie.  But no!  It's Friday night and not only are there no movies on tv, but there is absolutely nothing but crap on every channel!  A night when you want to sit down and relax and you don't have to get up the next morning.  Only there's nothing on tv to stay up and watch.  What is wrong with this picture? 

So here it is Friday night, 10 PM and I'm finding myself wanting to go to bed early because there's nothing on tv to stay up and watch.  Of all times, the perfect time to watch a great movie and I will be going to bed.  Don't get me wrong, there are a couple of channels that have movies, but they play old movies and not just old movies, but the same one's over and over again.  What ever happened to the days when they use to show good movies on a Friday night. 

Now all you can find is some silly reality show, 48hrs or some show like that.  I want to see a good movie.  Not some old rerun either, but an honest to goodness movie and not one that has already been shown a thousand times over the last month.  It seems like when one network is done with a movie, they pass it along to another, as though all they do is trade off the same movies with each other.  And on rare occasion, you may actually get to see a newer movie.  I don't even care if it's a made for tv movie, as long as it's a decent and new movie. 

I guess the only way to get a movie nowadays is to rent one from Redbox or either subscribe to Netflix.  And I may just have to check Netflix out in the future, but honestly, I would love to see more great made for tv movies on Friday and Saturday nights for families.  In the meantime, I guess I'll just have to take my cold medicine, grab a book and go on to bed.






Today's Life Quote:

Television is like the American toaster, you push the button and the same thing pops up everytime.
Alfred Hitchcock quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment