Monday, June 20, 2011

Life Gripe: Disrespecting Others

Today my life gripe is about disrespecting others.  In my particular case, it's the neighbors who are disrespecting everyone in the neighborhood by letting their dog run loose once and twice a week and being a nuisance and possibly a danger to everyone. 

This dog has chased after people walking, chased cars, chased kids on a mopad, came after me on my porch and went after my husband and his kids as they were getting out of the car.  This dog is very agressive barking and growling and his tail is not wagging.  He comes into our yard chasing us and using the bathroom in our yard.  We have called Animal Control several times and have even been told they have already been warned and cited once.  But do they seem to care, no, obviously not, as they're still letting their dog loose once and twice a week to disrespect the neighbors.   

They obviously have no respect for others.  I don't let my dog loose to run wild.  My dog is a house dog and occasionally I put her outside on a 25 foot lead and I also take her for walks.  That's what these people need to do.  They need to respect everyone else.  Not let their dog run wild to chase and scare other people or to relieve themselves in neighbors yards.  I'll never understand people who blantantly disrespect others or their property.

Here is the definition of Respect ...Respect denotes both a positive feeling of esteem for a person or other entity (such as a nation or a religion), and also specific actions and conduct representative of that esteem. Respect can be a specific feeling of regard for the actual qualities of the one respected (e.g., "I have great respect for her judgment"). It can also be conduct in accord with a specific ethic of respect. Rude conduct is usually considered to indicate a lack of respect, disrespect, where as actions that honor somebody or something indicate respect. Specific ethics of respect are of fundamental importance to various cultures. Respect for tradition and legitimate authority is identified by Jonathan Haidt as one of five fundamental moral values shared to a greater or lesser degree by different societies and individuals.[1]

What part of this can't they understand?  Why is it so difficult for them to be respectful.  And to have been warned and cited already and continue to disrespect is just low.  I mean how low can you go?  They're the lowest of low.  So who and how is someone disrespecting you?  This is my story of disrespect.  The current status is I wrote a letter to Animal Control after many phone calls that seemed to go nowhere.  They finally responded and gave me a direct number to call in the future that would take more direct action.  They were also going to go give another warning to the neighbor about letting the dog loose, so hopefully this will put an end to it once and for all.

Today's Life Quote:

“I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being.”



Jackie Robinson quotes








No comments:

Post a Comment