Sunday, April 4, 2010

Life Hype: Getting a cold, when the weather is gorgeous out.

Okay, so the weather that was forecast for seven straight days was that of nothing but sunny blue skies and warm weather, so that's great right?  I was so excited about the impending forecast and a couple of days into the wonderful weather all was well.  Then one morning I awoke with a scratchy throat.  Later in the day came the congestion and headache.  Finally, that night when I went to bed the coughing began.  So I knew, this was not allergies kicking in, but a cold.  So for several days now of this beautiful spring weather, including today, Easter Sunday, I have been sick.  There is just nothing more depressing that looking forward to a great weather forecast then coming down with a cold.  So here I am on this beautiful day, sitting here feeling absolutely miserable looking out the window wishing I could be outside enjoying the sun. 

But you know what?  Things could always be worse.  Today is Easter and today of all days, I should be appreciative and thankful to the lord what I do have.  I could feel way more depressed than I do now if it was all cold, dreary and rainy outside or my cold was the flu or something worse!  So you know what, okay, I have a cold, so what!  I'm just thankful it is beautiful outside and that all I have is a cold that will be gone in a matter of a few more days.They say, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  So lemonade it is this Easter Sunday!
Today's Quote:

"Health is not simply the absence of illness. Real health is the will to overcome every form of adversity and use even the worst of circumstances as a springboard for new growth and development. Simply put, the essence of health is the constant renewal and rejuvenation of life."

No comments:

Post a Comment