Thursday, April 22, 2010

Life Gripe: When You Just Can't Enjoy Outside Peacefully

Nothing is more joyful and peaceful in the world than to have a beautiful, sunny, warm day out, you walk out onto your back porch with that first fresh brewed cup of hot coffee, sit down, relax and take in a deep breath of fresh air and view the beautiful morning sunshine.  Then you raise that nice warm aroma filled cup to your lips only to be met with the loud annoying sound of a chainsaw grrrrrrrrr!  Know what's worse, deciding to take a nap later only to be woke by another neighbor deciding to mow his grass at exactly the time I finally fall asleep.  This after I finally had gotten over my morning gripe with the chain saw incident. What's really sad is this is almost a daily occurance in my neighborhood because if it's not one neighbor, then it is another.  Sigh. 

On the brighter side, which I generally try to look at.  At least it is not raining all week, not all gloom and doom.  Things can always be worse.  I  mean, for the most part, I have good neighbors, after all, I do live in a neighborhood where houses are pretty much side by side.  I long for the privacy of a nice little quaint cottage in some wooded area with a beautiful pond and gorgeous scenery, but then I would probably just gripe about the insects, racoons, snakes and bears, so I'm thankful for what I do have right now, my little house in the neighborhood with an abundance of chainsaws and lawnmowers. 

Today's Life Quote:

"Do not lose your inward peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." ~ Saint Francis De Sales 1567

No comments:

Post a Comment