Saturday, July 17, 2010

Life Gripe: People Who Don't Know Their Right-A-Ways

Today's I have a Life Gripe:  People who don't know their right-of-ways or least don't know the basic one's they should know!  A couple of days in a row, I was sitting at a light on green to turn left and yielding to cars coming straight through on their green lights, when a car behind me starts blowing their horn because I won't just go.  Well hello!  The cars coming across the road going straight have the right of way!  I'm yielding to turn left on green...NOT the arrow green light, which there is, but just green.  Then today, a car in front of me was stopped yielding...giving the car coming across the right away on green, and a car somewhere back behind us was blowing his horn because the light was green.  Sheesh, do people not know that just because the light is green and you are turning left you can't just go, UNLESS you have a green arrow right of way light?  I thought everyone knew this right of way?  When you are turning left and someone across the road is coming straight or turning right, they have the right of way. 

I mean there are times I forget certain right aways, but in that case I yield just in case I'm not sure.  I give the benefit of the doubt.  I don't go getting mad and blowing my horn., especially when I have no clue what I'm talking about.  And to me, that is a standard right of way rule that everyone on the road should know or they shouldn't have a license.   Can you imagine how many accidents they can or have caused?  I'm just saying, people should think before they speak or in this case, blow their horn.  Please, if your one of those out there driving and you don't know your right of ways, go pick up a drivers ed booklet and read it!  Read it not only for yourself, but for the safety of all of us out there on the road you put in danger.







Today's Life Quote:

“I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?”



Dylan Moran quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment