Sunday, August 29, 2010

Life Gripe: Boredom

Today I have a Life Gripe, boredom.  I absolutely hate to be bored, loathe being bored.  One can only clean, wash clothes, cook and watch TV so much.  Talk about mundane and monotonous.  Those are the things I pretty much do when I'm bored, cook, clean, watch TV, even occasionally do a crossword or word find puzzle, but these things get old, as I said mundane and monotonous.  And of course, I spend my fair share of time online with facebook and twitter

I think next year, I am going to add another flower bed and a small vegetable garden or strip you might say.  And I might even buy me one of those 10 foot, 2 1/2 feet deep easy set up pools just to relax, float in and soak up some sun next summer.  And next summer, I think I'll add visiting the farmer's market and second hand stores more. 

Right now, to combat the boredom, as you see, I'm writing on my blog.  Sometimes I'll also work on my website(s) too. Now, what to do next.  I've already cooked and cleaned, and there's nothing on TV, so hmmm?  If any of you out there have any great ideas, please feel free to share them by leaving a comment.  I've read plenty of ideas about combating boredom, but most I've read are pretty silly or non-chilant...not worth the time or consideration you know.  I could read a book, but sometimes I just really, really have to be in the mood to read a book and right now, that is not what I'm in the mood for.  Sometimes I also play games online, such as hearts, solitaire, spider solitaire, and titanic hidden treasure, but those also get old quick too.  There's really no where to go and no one to go with anyway, besides my car is in the garage right now being worked on and I'm broke most of the time anyway. 

Sometimes I also go out to the gym for a workout or to the park/greenway and go for a walk, as well as walk the dog around the blockI've thought of doing such things as making a scrapbook of some sort, but what kind and why and what I'd do with it I don't really know.  Taking up knitting or crocheting has crossed my mind, but I'm not really that type of gal.  Jewelry making, but then honestly, what would I do with junky jewelry?  I'm not the type who's gonna go out and sell it.  Maybe I could list it online or something, but so many people are already doing that who would really want to buy it?  I certainly don't need more junk in my house, nor to spend the money on stuff to make it.  Same thing with candles and other crafty items, I just don't really have the money, nor the room for any junk in my house.  So again, hmmm? 

I've done such things as give myself a manicure and pedicure and have already done that and those are things you can only do so often.  One thing I can do, not now, but need to soon, is color my hairI suppose there is always the option to talk on the phone to my friends, although I'm not really the type who likes to talk on the phone much.  I like to get onto the phone, say what needs to be said, then get off.  I DON'T LIKE to shoot the breeze on the phone.  I'm a 5 to 10 minute kinda gal, nothing longer. 

So I'm kind of at a standstill, just so bored, don't know what to do, so again, if any of you have any great, sensible, affordable ideas other than what I have listed, please feel free to share and post as comments.  I would greatly welcome your ideas.







Today's Life Quote:

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom.”  ~Thomas Carlyle

No comments:

Post a Comment