Monday, March 5, 2012

Life Gripe: Working Out

I find that lately, I have absolutely no motivation to exercise, especially on days where it's cold and dreary. Nice warm sunny days is not as hard, but days like today I just can't bring myself to do it. So today, my lack of motivation wins out. No working out today.

Where does one find the motivation to workout. I know a big part of it is mindset, but I just can't seem to get there. I guess one reason is because for the first 1 1/2 months I exercised 5 times a week both walking with inclines and with jogging intervals, I lifted weights and exercised, and I watched my calories. I did all this hard work and for what, a measly little 5 pounds of weight loss. I even took a week off hoping that would help, but unfortunately it didn't. I think once it's warmer and nicer out on a regular basis where I can get out more will be better because then I can alternate the treadmill with getting outside some. Right now, it's too cold for me, so I have no motivation to get outside either. Also, I have a real problem with lack of energy. Even when I exercise, I still have lack of energy, it's even worse. Hopefully, my doctor can tell me something on this when I go later this month.

Some people get outside and run miles everyday. I really admire them, I don't know how they do it. They seem to do it so effortlessly. When I first started working out, I had some motivation, but after not seeing the results I wanted it has waned significantly. I wish I could be like those people who run for miles and seem to have tons of motivation. I would feel very accomplished and very proud if I could do it. Maybe one day I'll be able to, I guess I just have to get the right mindset, but I'm just not there yet. I'm not going to stop working out, but I'm not going to push myself right now either. And somehow, some way, I have got to find the motivation again.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Today's Life Quote:
 
Exercise is a dirty word. Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate. ~Author Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment