Thursday, April 26, 2012

Life Gripe: Another Rainy Day

Here we are with another rainy day.  It seems for the past two weeks it's either been cold or been raining.  I hate rainy days.  So dreary, dark and downright depressing.  Rain is cold and wet.  There is one thing I like about the rain.  I like the sound of the falling rain and it's always great when we need it, but still it's not one of my favorite things.  At least it's not thundering and lightening.  I really hate thunder and lightening.  I find them frightening.  I don't find them exciting in the least bit. 

Another thing about the rain is my poor dog has to stay couped up indoors all day long.  If it's raining the least little bit, she won't go outside.  She does not like rain and most definitely does not like to get wet.  I feel so sorry for her.  I usually take her outside two to three times a day for about a half hour.  Instead she's sleeping all day. 

And then there's me.  Rain depresses me.  Rain makes me feel dark and dreary.  I like it when everything is bright and lively.  Rain just makes me feel like I want to curl up under the covers.  Also rain keeps you couped up in the house all day.  And if you go out, you get soaked and that's not a great feeling.  Another bad thing about rain is that is sometimes causes flooding.  So while there are good things about rain, the bad out weigh the good for me.  I prefer the sunny days any time! 








Life Quote:

Weather is a great metaphor for life - sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and there's nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella. ~Terri Guillemets




No comments:

Post a Comment