Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Life Hype and Gripe: Losing Weight and Getting in Shape

Today I have a Life Hype and Gripe.  I wish I had the motivation and discipline I had last year about this time (and the money). This time last year was exciting and I was hopeful. I signed up for the No Boundaries running program and started around the first of September. I was walk/running 3 days a week up to 2 miles, and then also walking my dog 3 or 4 days a week. This year I have no motivation, and unfortunately, I can't afford it this year either. Plus, I would be so afraid I'd get half way into it and once again get a stress fracture to my ankle like last fall. I was out of commission for almost 6 months. I need more than a walking program or a more challenging walking program. I already can do a 2-3 mile walk at 3.5 mph. But, I'm still not quite in shape enough to do the NoBo program either. If they didn't up the running times and mileage as quickly as they do, I might have been able to do it without injuring myself, but it is the beginner program and it is a GREAT program. I just wasn't in good enough shape for it. 
 I hear lots of inspirational stories and see awesome transformation pics, and it inspires me, but still it doesn't motivate me to do it. And, it's hard when you don't have to money to drive to the greenway several days a week, your treadmill is broke and you deal with severe fatigue problems on top of it. As far as at home, I don't care for aerobics and such, and hubby is sleeping most of the time all day, so I can't be jumping and moving around. So many roadblocks, at least they are to me anyway. But I know, no one can it do it, but me! I have to want it bad enough. I just can't believe I can't make myself do it because I do want it. I have got to get my butt in gear soon, somehow, someway.
I'm thinking of rejoining Planet Fitness again in October (don't have the money until then). But still, I would have to drive at least 3 days a week to the gym and I'm not sure I can afford that right now. Currently, I somewhat watch what I eat and walk my dog on 3/4 mile strolls 3-5 days a week, but it's not enough. I've only lost 6 pounds since the first of April. Just frustrated and disappointed with myself. Hopefully, my online businesses will pick up more and then money won't be such a factor or roadblock. I'm now starting to get an income from InCareRx, so hopefully it will only continue to get better. Money doesn't solve everything, but it sure would help right now.
 
 
 
 
Today's Life Quote:
The greatest wealth is health.  ~Virgil

No comments:

Post a Comment