Monday, May 10, 2010

Life Gripe: Overly Pushy, Peppy, Positive People

My Life Gripe today is Overly Pushy, Peppy Positive People who go way overboard with the positive attitude bit.  Striving for a positive attitude daily is a good thing, a great thing even and I do it everyday.  I love happy, peppy positive people, but let's get real.  Take myself for instance.  I personally deal with Bipolar II and anxiety issues, there is absolutely no way I can be positive all the time, even if I wanted to.  I constantly strive to be peppy and positive, but I can't be that way all the time.  For me, even if I can be that way at least half the time, then I've met my goal.  And illness or no illness, people can't humanly be peppy and positive all the time.  Nor do we have the right to cut others down or expect people to be positive all the time, yet people feel they have the right to.  I mean, say one negative thing on twitter and you have flies on you like flies on...well you know, you get my meaning.  I would like to be a fly on the wall with some of these pushy positive people at home.  They act like you are less than a decent person if you post one negative feeling.  So how does it help to keep all your feelings bottled up inside?  Lie. 

No, of course we don't want to be all negative, doom and gloom.  That of course is the time to stay away from social network as much as you can, but don't expect people to lie, to act all peppy and positive when they can't. If you want to post peppy and positive all the time, fine, but leave everyone else alone.  I mean get real, be human, stop thinking you're so perfect and that everyone else should be too.  Get off your high horse.  I get a little hot under the collar or passionate I should say on this subject because twitter is so full of these "overly" positive Penelope's I call them.  Again, there is nothing wrong with being positive or always striving to be positive, BUT we can't be positive all the time, nor expect people to be.  After all, we are all only human.
Today's Life Quote: 


There are too many people, and too few human beings. ~Robert Zend

1 comment:

  1. Kim, keep your chin up girl, and your eyes in the Bible and try to listen to some kind of teaching on the Word EVERYDAY, whether it's CDs by someone you like or someone on television or books, or all, like I do. It DOES help to know that our Lord and Savior loves us and will be there for us for the asking, no matter what we're going through and no matter what others think we should be acting like that particular day, and you know that I, of all people, know what you're going through with bi-polarism because I have it too. Just don't let those people get to you. You are a work in progress, we all are!

    ReplyDelete