Thursday, November 11, 2010

Life Gripe: All It Takes Is One Phone Call To Ruin Your Day

Today I have a Life Gripe. All it takes is one bad thing (and in my case a bad phone call about a bad thing) to happen to ruin your day or cause you to have major grief in your life.  That one thing or one phone call that can change everything for the worst.  Just once I would love to get a wonderful phone call.  No I am not talking about your average good phone call.  I am talking about that one phone call that has honest to goodness good news and good luck that can change everything for the good.  I rarely seem to get those calls, if any, but I sure do get the upsetting calls on a regular basis. 

I sat on the phone today arguing with someone who wouldn't give me an account because they say I don't exist, yet I have a driver's license and social security card.  I exist!  I am here!  What do I need to do to get this fixed?  Looks like I'll be calling the Social Security Administration because I had my last name changed when I married and they're the ones who gave me my new social security card, but that doesn't mean squat, because a national data base search says I do not exist.  And this is the second time something like this has happened over the past month, so now I'm worried, stressed and very frustrated.  I believe they're still going by my maiden name and social security apparently only changed my card, but did nothing official.  That's the only thing that could be going on. 

Well needless to say, my whole day changed in a matter of minutes because of one thing, one phone call.  I went from having a happy and pleasant day, to stressing out and worrying beyond belief.  Because of this issue, that in turn is now causing me several other major issues in my life.  I try my best to have an optimistic attitude, but sometimes it's just down right impossible with the issues you have to deal with.  But I am trying.  Hopefully, I can get this straightened out in the next couple of days.  And once I fix the one main major issue, the other issues will be fixed as well and thus fall into place.  Right now, I am just going to try and focus on the positive, that this will be fixed soon, and all will be well again. 







Today's Life Quote:

Optimist: someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's a cha-cha. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

No comments:

Post a Comment