Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Life Gripe: A Dreary Day

Today, I have a Life Gripe and it is A Dreary Day.  I despise dreary days.  Dreary days just make me feel like not getting out of bed.  And even when I do make it out of bed, I just feel like crawling back in it all day long.  I have no motivation, no energy, no gusto. 

So, I grab myself a nice hot cup of coffee and hop on my laptop for some computer time.  Work on my blogs, work on my businesses and even do some social networking, but the whole way through, try as I may, I just keep wanting to curl up under a blanket.  After all it's dreary and it's a cold day, so what better to do that curl up under a blanket.  

I could just take my laptop to the living room, curl up under a blanket on the couch in front of the TV, with my laptop on my lap.  The bathroom will just have to wait until a sunny day to be cleaned.  A nice sunny and warmer day when I have motivation to attack the bathroom with a little gusto. 

I try to look at Dreary Days as a positive.  How?  Sometimes I think these dreary days are built in just for the purpose of making us rest and relax.  They're a way of making us curl up under a blanket and do nothing.  Otherwise we run ourselves ragged and wear ourselves out.  It's natures way of telling us we need to rest, we need to relax and take time for ourselves.   

So what are you doing on this dreary day?  How about taking time out to rest and relax.  Go grab a good book, grab your laptop or watch a good movie.  Just curl up under that blanket on the couch with a nice hot cup of coffee or chocolate and relax.  After all it's only a day.  But wait, maybe it's two days, well then so be it, take two days.  Whatever you need, you take it, nature is helping you by giving you this Dreary Day to relax.








Today's Life Quote:

"Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop." ~Ovid

No comments:

Post a Comment